In line with the Australian Privacy Act 1988, Phat Phree Pty Ltd ACN 109 153 782 trading as PhatPixel (“PhatPixel”) operates according to a strict policy that covers privacy and security on the internet and in our offline business practices. PhatPixel complies with the ten National Privacy Principles contained within the act. These are:
- Collect personal information in a manner that is fair, lawful and not intrusive
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected
- Ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Protect personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- Have a policy document outlining your information handling practices and make this available to anyone who requests it
- Give an individual access to personal information you hold about them when requested to do so
- Only adopt, use or disclose a Commonwealth Government identifier if particular circumstances apply that would allow you to do so
- Give people the option to transact with you anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do so
- Only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country if the information will have appropriate protection
- Do not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented; the collection is required by law; or in other special circumstances
Collection of Personal Information
PhatPixel needs to collect personal information for the purposes of performing business transactions. This information is collected with your knowledge and consent, and includes:
- Your business name, ABN, business address, and contact information
- Any service-specific information, including technical and business specifications
Our websites, email systems and other technology record information about all site visits or messages sent to us. The information is recorded automatically and includes:
- The IP Address of your computer
- The date and time
- The information you requested
- Any information you sent us (such as an email)
- The referring page from where you initially entered our website
- The session identifier of your last visit to our website
For authenticated users of our web services, we also record your login details in order to provide you with the service.
Use and Disclosure
Personally identifiable information is only used for the purpose it was collected. This allows us to provide our services to you. If you decide to cease dealing with PhatPixel you can request all of your information to be destroyed.
Your personally identifiable information may also used to conduct credit checks with credit organisations if you decide to purchase any PhatPixel products or services.
Other non-personally identifiable information such as server logs are used to maintain our services and to provide broad statistical analysis of our website performance.
We may use the information we collect for our own promotional activities in order to offer you products or services that may suit you. You can opt-out of all communications.
No information collected at PhatPixel is transferred or sold to third parties for the use of promotional marketing.
Accuracy of Information
You can contact us to view and amend any of the information we store about you via our contact page.
PhatPixel requires accurate information to provide you with our services.
Protection of Information
PhatPixel offers protection of your information in the following ways:
- All sub-contractors that deal with PhatPixel and are exposed to your information are required to have a non-disclosure agreement in place with PhatPixel
- All staff have non-disclosure agreements with PhatPixel
- All sensitive information, such as credit cards and Commonwealth Government Identifiers, are stored on a computer system with limited staff access. This computer system is inaccessible from the internet.
- No sensitive information is kept on servers accessible from the internet
- All confidential information relating to any services we provide is stored behind industry-standard firewalls to protect from unauthorised access. You can request that we not use the internet to transmit or store this information.
- Any sensitive information on hardcopy is stored in lockable filing cabinets, and is shredded when it is no longer needed.
A Privacy Officer has been appointed to manage privacy within PhatPixel, and can be reached via our contact page.
Access to Information
Upon request we will provide you with all the information we have collected from you. We may charge a fee to provide this information if it involves over one hour to prepare.
Use of Commonwealth Government Identifiers
PhatPixel uses ABNs for all businesses that we provide our products and services. This information is used to conduct business checks on your organisation. This information is stored offline, inaccessible from the internet.
PhatPixel cannot provide products or services anonymously as we require identifiable information to technically set up all the products and services we provide. However we can provide pre-sales information such as quotations and analysis anonymously. Please specify this when you make initial contact.
You may also anonymously browse our publicly-available content on our websites by choosing not to log in or register. Personally-identifiable information is only collected with your consent, or when you send us information such as in an email or website form.
PhatPixel is bound by other legislation that requires us to disclose internet activity by our users upon request from certain government departments such as ASIO or the federal police. PhatPixel will only supply information to these authorities when required by law.
Transfer of Information
PhatPixel will occasionally transfer information to third parties for the purposes of providing services to you. This sometimes occurs automatically, as we rely third parties to provide some of our technical services such as credit card processing.
PhatPixel will not transfer information to a recipient in a foreign country if the information will not have appropriate protection.
PhatPixel does not collect personally-identifiable information without your consent. For our websites you provide consent by clicking the submit button on any web-based form.
Before we commence trading with customers we will require you to provide personally-identifiable information to us. Your consent is given by signing and returning any service application forms or proposals.
If you do not wish for us to hold any personal information, please let us know by contacting the Privacy Officer.